Wednesday 3 April 2013

James and James Underground Railroad Questions


Underground Railroad Questions

  1. Spirituals are songs created by African American slaves in the United States. The songs helped them escape slavery because they gave them motivation to escape and allowed them to continue to practice their own religion. It also allowed them to communicate secret information about the underground railroad to each other.
  2. The song is called “Follow the Drinking Gourd” and it is about a guy named Peg leg Joe who led many slaves to freedom. The significance is the song gives the slaves deliberate instructions on where to go when they escape.



Felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders
..should I break or retreat and then return
Facing the fear that the truth, I discover
No telling how, all these will work out
But I’ve come to far to go back now.
Chorus:
I am looking for freedom, looking for freedom
And to find it cost me everything I have
Well I am looking for freedom, looking for freedom
And to find it, may take everything I have

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/alexwhite/alexwhite1107/alexwhite110700160/10026666-freedom-traffic-sign.jpg


http://my.execpc.com/60/B3/culp/astronomy/fig/BigDipper.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment