Wednesday 24 April 2013

Where am I?

                             Where am I? 

Mathew Fietz


I am located on the West Coast of Canada I am within the Pacific Time zone. 
I am the Furthest west you can drive in Canada. I am where the vast cedar tree forest's meet the open Pacific ocean



 Climate






Economy

 Once a popular Hudson's Bay Company Fur trading Headquarters, I was built in 1843 in an area known today as "Old Town" I was home to Thousands of Aboriginal people that converged on my coasts. Once there was a gold rush in late 1858 and miners flocked from all over for the Pay day. Now I'm known to tourists for my Whale Watching, West Coast cuisine and our local theater events.


Leisure 

There are many things you can do around me, from Whale Watching to Bird watching, from Kayaking to Mountain biking, from Golf to Local theater and so much more.


Population

 Since the retreat of the glaciers about 10,000 years ago, Aboriginal population have inhabited my landscape. I got many people from different cultures living on my landscape, from European from the Exploreres, Chinese from the Gold Rush and over 40 other major cultures. Currently I got an estimated population of
363,000, not including the areas surrounding me.


Ecosystem 


My Ecosystem is very diverse.
 Here you will find bears, wolves, cougars, eagles, whales and much more species that would take for ever to list off. 


100Km Perimeter

Sidney BC is very close to me, Duncan is also close to me, within 150km.
I'm a stone toss away from Vancouver BC and depending on the weather you can see Mount Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment