Thursday 28 March 2013

Underground Railway Answers.

-->
2.) Spirituals are a sort of religious song associated with the black Christians of the southern USA, they usually told a story about freedom, or an encouraging song that would help them through the trials that they would face.

3.) Steal Away.
This song was sung as a signal to gather revolting slaves to meetings. This song is about Nat Turner, the leader of a slave revolt that ultimately failed. The lyrics signify the call for freedom from slavery and served as a warning call for rogue slaves. 



I'll Fly Away
by Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch

[Chorus]
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

When the shadows of this life have gone,
I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away)

By Rebecca B. and Rebecca S.

No comments:

Post a Comment